ATTN: Reality TV Gold Mining Addicts!
BERING SEA GOLD: UNDER THE ICE is returning tomorrow, Friday, November 8, to the Discovery Channel!
In Nome, Alaska, the ice on the Bering Sea can be as much as four-feet thick, but is that any reason not to mine the gold on the bottom of the Bering Sea? Not as far as the daring dredgers of BERING SEA GOLD: UNDER THE ICE are concerned!
In conditions more brutal than last season, and with challenges greater than they have ever been before, the crews are facing hypothermia, frostbite, even potential death, as the temperatures drop below –30 degrees! But they are willing to put everything, including their own lives, on the line for a potential payoff? Will they hit the elusive mother lode? Well, not until they get their rigs up and running, and that is going to be a challenge for most this season. Who will make up the BERING SEA GOLD: UNDER THE ICE crews this season?
- The Shamrock: Headed by co-owners Shawn and Steve Pomrenke, this father and son team is the most successful operation in Nome. In 2010, the crew carved 3 million in gold off the ocean floor. But can Shawn get his crew on the ice before his father drops the hammer?
- The Clark: Led by Zeke Tenhoff, a Nome native, who has been dredging gold for the last six years. Zeke is hoping to put the past year behind him, having endured a disappointing dredging season and the tragic loss of his best friend and partner, John Bunce. Zeke has once again sunk every dime he has into his ice dredging operation that now includes seasoned divers Ian Foster and Rob Hehnlin. He also must face his on-again, off-again love interest Emily Riedel who worked closely with him all last season.
- Wild Ranger: Owner Vernon Adkinson has leveraged his entire life’s savings on making his ever-expanding gold operation profitable. After a tumultuous first season and his fallout with fellow dredger Scott Meisterheim, Vernon has a lot on the line. But can he prove that he’s capable to make a dime in the gold mining business?
- Steve’s World on Ice: After being fired from the Wild Ranger for the third time this past summer – and ending his friendship with Vernon –Steve Riedel is looking to lead his own crew this winter as well as give Vernon some competition. However, Steve’s true nemesis in Nome is fellow dredger Scott Meisterheim. The two have clashed constantly, resulting in firings and restraining orders. Joining Steve this winter is his daughter, Emily, who is hoping that she will earn enough money one day to escape Nome and become a professional opera singer (a dream she has been chasing for a couple of seasons now, as fans will recall).
- Anchor Management: This past summer, owner Scott Meisterheim struggled with alcoholism that led to a disastrous season and a brief stint in rehab. Scott has debts to pay that are above $150,000. With his investors and debtors hounding him for money, Scott has got to get it together this winter. But will his drinking and tendency to blame others make Scott his own worst enemy?
From Thom Beers’ Original Productions, creators of the Emmy Award-winning DEADLIEST CATCH, the latest season of BERING SEA GOLD: UNDER THE ICE premieres Friday, November 8 at 10 PM E/P on the Discovery Channel. But, is the risk these fortune hunters are taking worth it? Will they wish they had never heard of the Bering Sea when this season ends? Or will someone, in fact, hit the mother lode of all mother lodes?
Stay tuned this season to find out!
Image: Discovery Channel