Investigation Discovery is putting its own twist—of the heart—on Valentine’s Day this year, with its first-ever FORGET YOU WEEK, kicking off this Friday and leading up to their anti-Valentine’s Day special, 50 WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER.
FORGET YOU WEEK will be anchored by daytime talk personality Wendy Williams; she will also host the February 14 special, 50 WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER. As fans of the channel might expect, love hurts on ID’s anti-Valentine’s Day special, revealing breakup tactics taken by real people spurned by lousy lovers via re-creations and interviews with the old flames. But before feeling the sting of Cupid’s acid-laced arrows, FORGET YOU WEEK primes viewers for the darkly funny special with an on-air watch & win sweepstakes, as well as digital extensions including a “Relationship Personality Quiz” and a March Madness-style “Break-up Bracket.”
ID kicks off the first-ever FORGET YOU week, launching this Friday, February 7, when fans can tune into the 8/7c broadcast each night for a code to enter to win a $5,000 retail therapy shopping spree on http://www.InvestigationDiscovery.com. And lovelorn viewers have another outlet for their angst on ID’s digital and social channels:
- Relationship Personality Quiz: Take the test to see where you stand. Are you a DIVA or a DOORMAT, a BULLDOZER or HOPELESS ROMANTIC? The answer will give you useful tips to take into your next meaningful partnership with the hopes of living happily ever after.
- Break Up Bracket: A March Madness-style bracket where users will pick the best way to end it with a significant other. Whether you deliver the news in person or over the phone, or take a more insensitive tactic such as a sending an outsider to deliver the news or even a creative skywriting message — the winning way to ditch a loser will be crowned on Valentine’s Day.
- Funny Valentine’s Day E-Cards: Enjoy these shareable images with tag lines like, “I’ve been ‘arrested’ by your love” or “My love for you has me serving 25 years to life.”
- Selfies Without Sympathy Contest: Viewers are invited to take to Facebook and Instagram and post images of themselves with faces mostly hidden by a piece of paper on which they’ve written or drawn their favorite – or their own – revenge quote.
Everyone has their own list of deal breakers in a relationship, but a select few warrant the ballistic responses witnessed in ID’s all-new Valentine’s Day special, 50 WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER, premiering Friday, February 14 at 10/9c . Maybe your lover never keeps his word. Maybe they’re second-rate in the sack. Maybe he hates your friends or, even worse, he’s cheated on you with one of them! As Paul Simon sings it, “There must be fifty ways to leave your lover.”
Host Wendy Williams is the viewer’s best friend giving advice and relatable wisdom as she turns the camera onto breakup stories that are stranger than any tabloid rumor. Three stories of crushing dismissal featured in 50 WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER are as follows:
- It’s love at first sight for Jennifer Klinkhammer and Leshaun Meane when they meet at a car show. Jennifer is so head-over-stripper heels for Leshaun that the exotic dancer offers to move him to Houston where she can be his personal sugar momma. But when Leshaun starts sampling other sweets in the candy store, Jennifer goes on a rampage to teach the lothario a lesson. Location: Chicago, IL/Houston, TX
- Truckers Roger and Kathy are on a highway of love when this couple’s romance goes from 0 to 60 almost immediately. They zoom full speed ahead into marriage, but Roger can’t seem to steer clear of female temptations while on the road. When Kathy catches on, she boils over and the two face off in divorce court. Roger emerges victorious but Kathy gets revenge by revving her engine and putting her pedal to the metal…right through Roger’s house. Location: Muskegon County, MI
- Kierra Reed and Henry “Man Gizzle” Brown seem destined to be together. Kierra is dazzled by her boyfriend’s ambition to be the next greatest rap star. But that success comes with a price. When Henry enters the club to take the stage, he becomes a totally different person…one who plays her for a fool. Kierra confronts him, hoping he’ll change his tune and surprise her with a ring. Instead, this Jekyll and Hyde offers a love song gone wrong and when Kierra catches him again, she erupts with a volcanic fury that eventually lands her in jail. Location: Cincinnati, OH
Don’t forget: Check out ID Discovery each night beginning this Friday, February 7, at 8/7c for a code to enter to win a $5,000 retail therapy shopping spree on www.InvestigationDiscovery.com, and spend your Anti-Valentines Day with ID Discovery, Wendy Williams and 50 WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER on Friday, February 14, beginning at 10/9c.
Image: ID Discovery
Categories: TV News