“Married At First Sight: Second Chances” aired its season finale with the second live-in week and then the ultimate choice made by David Norton and Vanessa Nelson. He was the definition of the old saying, “All dressed up with nowhere to go”.
While Vanessa ended with a diamond ring on her finger, David only opened the jewelry box he carried to look at it with sadness. It went to no one after he gave the bad news to both Isabella and Tara. David said he tried to feel the love necessary to make the commitment that the ring represents, but failed. Isabella kept her composure, but Tara went a bit bonkers and TVRuckus readers are in total agreement with her reaction.
In our recap of the episode, we noted that David told Tara he loved her during the live-in week. It was a total contrast to the time he spent with Isabella. There was every reason for Tara to think she had more than a puncher’s chance at being Mrs. David Norton. There is something more to live for, however, at least for viewers. The tell-all reunion show next week looks to be a burn session.
Here’s just a sample of what readers have said on our site and social media pages. Chime in below in the comments section!
- Martha wrote: “So disappointed. David needs serious counseling. He seems to choose and likes those that make him miserable. Don’t understand him.”
- Anonymous posted: “David obviously likes women who step all over him. He is not a real man. He has no concept of what having a relationship is. I would hate to see him raise a son. If I had a daughter and she brought home someone like David, I would have to tell her to snap out of it.
- Loretta wrote: “David is a jerk and a deceptive liar.”
- The All-American posted: “Tara deserves the chance to be on 2nd chances.She seems like a nice girl with a good head on her shoulders.”
- Gem Dreams said: “he chose wrong the entire time. Only picked superficially and let the good girls go. He deserves to be alone at the end.”
- Mia Gallone posted: “David is a player and loser, wasn’t worth watching the show ! he should have been off when he was deceiving ALL these women !!”
- Over It posted: “He should be single, he’s a moron.Do viewers a favor and give up on David/loser. Tara, you’ll find some better-and it will be easy.”
- Nancy Burr said: “He is disgusting he can’t get a woman on his own but this way he can sleep with them and use them like the creep
“Married At First Sight: Second Chances” airs its reunion, tell-all show on Lifetime, Thursday July 13, immediately after the next installment of “Married At First Sight” Season 5. Image credit: Lifetime, used with permission