“90 Day Fiance: Happily Ever After?” season 2 has featured what we all hope is the end of Danielle and Mohamed marital issue. To say this has been drawn out for dramatic purposes is an understatement.
That would be the problem of ending their marriage. It’s been months of vacillating on the part of Danielle, trying to decide if she wants a revenge annulment or a quick divorce. The divorce-annulment choice has swung back-and-forth multiple times.
In the most recent episode, “Family Secrets” Danielle’s confusion and emotional response to a divorce lawyer’s advice just tripped over the awkward line into cringe-worthy. Danielle had friend Beth in tow as they sat in front of the attorney, trying to get advice on how to prove she deserves an annulment. She claims she’d doing it to prove to her estranged family that she’d ready to choose them over Mohamed.
When the divorce lawyer told Danielle that using fraud as grounds for the annulment was a long shot at best, the woman about crumbled. The attorney asked if she could prove the marriage was never consummated and of course, she couldn’t do that. Danielle claims that they had sex only once after the wedding, but if you recall last season’s Tell-All Special, it sounded like more than that. You can find that an exclusive interview with Danielle, here.
Fraud requires evidence that the person accused had intent to defraud at the time he/she acted; in this case, that would mean prior to or at the time of the marriage to Danielle. Danielle about came apart. She filled out the annulment paper work but has none of the proof she’ll need, such as witnesses and written material from Mohamed. She thought she could just tell a judge her story and he/she would believe it. Here are some of the sad ways Danielle expressed her sadness and exasperation:
- “Me and Mohamed only consummated our marriage once, three months after we got married.I think he knew that he had to “constimate” the marriage just this once so I couldn’t use it…”
- “If a court finds that he did “fraud” me, there’s a much better chance he’ll be sent back home.”
- “Beth and I are going to see the lawyer so I can prepare for the “nulment” hearing in every way possible.”
- “It’s overwhelming because I’m going to have to dig deeper and find people that talked to him or had conversations with him.”
- “I thought it would be so easy for the judge to see that Mohamed didn’t come here for the right reasons, and now I have to get all this proof.
Yeah, that pesky problem of proof! It is not our intention to ridicule, but Danielle’s refusal to let it go has gotten ridiculous. Meanwhile, a court in Ohio did grant the couple a divorce back some months ago. She apparently could not prove he “fraud” her.
“90 Day Fiance: Happily Ever After?” airs on TLC, Sundays at 8 p.m. ET/PT Image credit: TLC, used with permission