Velocity and Discovery celebrate the 10th annual Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas Auction, with 21 hours of live coverage. It all begins Thursday October 19, running through Saturday October 21, hosted by Mike Brewer and Ant Anstead, the guys from the hit show “Wheeler Dealers”.
Oh yeah, it’s that time again and Velocity is pretty, pretty pleased. Here’s what Robert S. Scanlon, network present has to say: “For ten years Barrett-Jackson has brought the best of the automotive world to Las Vegas. Velocity is thrilled to celebrate that milestone with our broadcast partners and sharing all of the incredible automotive eye candy with our viewer.”
There’s fun for TV viewers with the online and mobile game “Auction Insider”. Play along while watching the competitive bidding process. Every hour of “Barrett-Jackson Live” you can test your appraisal skills. Guess the hammer price for the car crossing the auction block and earn a chance to win prizes like Apple iPads.
Plus, participation gets you eligible to win a grand prize for a trip for two to the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School at Spring Mountain Motore Resort and Country Club. Here’s how you enter: Log in to AuctionInsider.com on your computer or mobile device.
Here are some of the vehicles you’ll see, which are among the rarest on earth.
- A trio of head-turning Porsches, such as the only 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder (Lot #750) finished in Voodoo Blue, a 2011 Porsche Speedster (Lot #745) and 1965 Porsche 356 (Lot #765).
- A 1971 Plymouth HEMI ‘Cuda (Lot #751) with its original matching-numbers 426/425hp HEMI engine, 4-speed manual transmission with pistol-grip shifter, VIN Tag, Fender Tag and stamped body panels.
- A 1997 Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster (Lot #763) and 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder (Lot #727).
- A rare 2007 Ford Shelby GT Concept Car #1 (Lot #737), the first pre-title small-block built by Carroll Shelby since 1970 that is credited for re-establishing the prominence of the Shelby Mustang.
- A 2005 Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren (Lot #735) with just under 7,500 actual miles.
- A rare 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible (Lot #757) finished in stunning Amethyst that is one of just 1,800 made.
- A 1959 Chevrolet Corvette Custom Convertible (Lot #709) with a custom chassis build by SEMA Hall of Famer, Art Morrison.
“Barrett-Jackson Live” begins October 19 on Velocity, hosted by Mike Brewer and Ant Anstead. It is produced for Velocity and Discovery Channel by Discovery Studios. For Velocity, David Lee and Peter Neal are executive producers. Robert Scanlon is president of Velocity and TEN content.
Image credit: Velocity/Discovery Communications